Program Manager for Community Development
Job Posted by: America’s Warrior Partnership, Augusta, Georgia www.americaswarriorpartnership.org
Posted on: February 28, 2018
Application Deadline: March 14, 2018 or when 75 applications are received
Employment Type: Full-time
Position Title: Program Manager for Community Development
Summary of Position: America’s Warrior Partnership currently has an opportunity in our Program Department for an experienced Program Manager. The position serves as a primary liaison, program mentor, and operational adviser for community veteran service programs seeking to successfully implement the America’s Warrior Partnership Community Integration model.
America’s Warrior Partnership’s mission is Empowering Communities to Empower Veterans. We are a national nonprofit organization working to help communities support their hometown veterans, military service members, and their families.
America’s Warrior Partnership observes 10 paid holidays and employees accrue paid time off leave totaling 23 days each year. We offer optional employee benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan. The company provides life insurance and short-term disability coverage for all employees.
Location: This position is based in our Augusta, Georgia office, but is eligible for remote work. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with assigned community groups as they develop a business plan to apply the America’s Warrior Partnership model and a program development plan to implement Community Integration. Empower groups to implement and execute the business plan and program development plan, and evaluate their progress and success regularly.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Engage in a variety of projects requiring independent judgment and initiative related to consultation, coordination and leadership within designated communities
- Function as a subject matter expert for community group use of America’s Warrior Partnership’s WarriorServe® software, sharing best practices and troubleshooting in areas of data collection and analysis
- Empower assigned community groups to increase capacity through coordination with other local programs, services, organizations and groups and to strengthen and build partnerships with other local organizations to better serve Warriors
- Utilize and coordinate the internal resources of America’s Warrior Partnership to offer specific operational and programmatic development tools and support to community groups
- Analyze community group function against the Community Integration model regularly and provide recommendations for improvement
- Analyze and ensure correctness and quality of monthly and quarterly reports on program deliverable data and other project deliverable data and documents
- Outline and produce subject matter content for training modules as learning opportunities are identified during the course of work with community groups
- Attend meetings and complete reporting requirements as required
- Assume additional related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in program management, project management, or equivalent skills;
- MBA or an advanced degree in social science, psychology, leadership, management, or related field or equivalent experience
- Preference for previous military/veteran and at least 3 years experience managing individuals and/or teams;
- Must be currently legally eligible for employment in the United States;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in the operations of nonprofit agencies, project management, program development, evaluation, techniques for networking and building partnerships, Microsoft Office suite, and fundraising databases (Salesforce® preferred);
- Ability to successfully teach, train, mentor, and motivate others;
- Highly motivated, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external partners;
- Highly detail oriented; dealing with large volumes of data, simultaneous projects, and varying levels of skill and resources available for projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle diverse, concurrent tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow through;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with private or sensitive information;
- Passion for the mission of our organization and supporting military veterans
- Regular working conditions are in an office: climate controlled, majority of time sitting at a desk, some lifting is required.
- Working for an extended period of time on a computer and/or telephone is required.
- Frequent (up to 75%) travel and evening and weekend work is necessary.
How to Apply:
We prefer applicants to apply through Indeed (www.indeed.com)
Alternately, applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates need apply.
Applicants will not be contacted unless selected for further screening or an interview.