Position Title: Program Manager
(Research Project and Affiliate Communities)
Application Deadline: November 30, 2017 or when 75 applications are received
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Position: America’s Warrior Partnership currently has an opportunity in our Program Department for an experienced program manager. The position has two roles: one, as program manager for a grant-funded research project; and two, as consultant for organizations implementing the veteran Community Integration program. The manager will work in both areas of responsibility with a pool of community organizations that are at a mature state of development in their services to veterans. The research project begins in December 2017 and is scheduled to receive funding until December 2021. This position is dependent upon grant funding.
America’s Warrior Partnership’s mission is Empowering Communities to Empower Veterans. We are a national nonprofit organization working to help communities support their hometown veterans, military service members, and their families.
America’s Warrior Partnership observes 10 paid holidays and employees accrue paid time off leave totaling 23 days each year. We offer optional employee benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan. The company provides life insurance and short-term disability coverage for all employees.
Location: This position is based in our Augusta, Georgia office. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Related to management of the research project:
- Manage project progress
- Collaborate in recruitment of research assistants
- Perform day to day management of research assistants, including training and performance evaluation
- Prepare project documentation and research reports and submit to Community Lead
- Lead team meetings to monitor project status and to identify and address issues; report regularly to Community Lead
- Coordinate project staff usage of software, manage access credentials, monitor and verify quality of data entered, and provide individual training to supplement available training resources
- Report project progress, status and issues on regular basis to Community Lead and other stakeholders
- Conduct research and consult with key collaborators for project implementation purposes
- Engage in a variety of projects requiring independent judgment and initiative related to consultation, coordination and leadership within designated communities
- Establish and maintain effective communication with affiliate group staff
- Empower community groups to coordinate and build partnerships with local programs, services, organizations, and groups to better serve Warriors
- Analyze affiliate incremental progress towards all Community Integration goals (outreach, programmatic, financial independence) included in the program development plan or the consulting agreement, and offer support to ensure achievement of the goals
- Utilize and coordinate the internal resources of America’s Warrior Partnership to offer specific operational and programmatic development tools and support to community groups
- Function as a subject matter expert for community group use of WarriorServe® software, sharing best practices and troubleshooting in areas of data collection and analysis
- Analyze and ensure correctness and quality of monthly and quarterly reports on program deliverable data and other project deliverable data and documents
- Attend meetings and complete reporting requirements as required
- Assume additional related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in program management, project management, program collaboration, sales relationships, or equivalent skills
- Preference for Master’s degree in a relevant field and previous military/veteran
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in the operation and implementation of a social science research project, operations of nonprofit agencies, program development, Microsoft Office suite, and fundraising databases (Salesforce preferred)
- Ability to successfully teach, train, mentor, and motivate others
- Highly motivated, ability to show initiative and work independently
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external partners
- Highly detail oriented; dealing with large volumes of data, simultaneous projects, and varying levels of skill and resources available for projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle diverse, concurrent tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow through
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with private or sensitive information
- Passion for the mission of our organization and supporting military veterans
Regular working conditions are in an office: climate controlled, majority of time sitting at a desk, some lifting is required.
Working for an extended period of time on a computer and/or telephone is required.
Frequent (up to 75%) travel and evening and weekend work is necessary.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates need apply.
Applicants will not be contacted unless selected for further screening or an interview.