Operation Deep Dive Research Assistant
Summary of Position: America’s Warrior Partnership currently has an opportunity for 7 contract Research Assistant positions for a four-year community-based research study focused on understanding and preventing veteran suicide and deaths by self-harm. For more information on the study, visit http://americaswarriorpartnership.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Operation-Deep-Dive-News-Release-2.pdf
The Research Assistant will work within the community to build and maintain strong community partnerships, collect and collate quantitative data, and conduct qualitative interviews and focus groups.
America’s Warrior Partnership is a national nonprofit organization working to help communities support their hometown veterans, military service members, and their families.
This is a part-time contract, renewable annually for three years contingent on receipt of funding.
Location: One position will be based in each of the following locations: Atlanta, GA; Buffalo, NY; Charleston, SC; Greenville, SC; Orange County, CA; Pensacola, FL; the Twin Cities, MN.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Utilizing data collection tools, databases and protocols provided by America’s Warrior Partnership, the Research Assistant will:
- Participate in study protocol training that may include travel to the University of Alabama as required
- Develop and maintain strong community partnerships with government, nonprofit, and other community leadership, including close collaboration for study duties with lead community organization
- Obtain and collate relevant quantitative data from local, state and federal entities as per study protocol
- Secure data in database for analysis as per study protocol
- Organize or assist in the organization of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews
- Conduct qualitative interviews with subjects in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection, procedures and documentation standards
- Sensitively manage grief and loss with study subjects
- Review and collate data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information, including follow-up with subjects as required
- Provide regular progress reports utilizing template and schedule provided
- Assist with preparing and delivering project updates for the community as directed
- Attend regular community advisory board meetings
- Demonstrated ability to be attentive to own self-care as Research Assistant will be interviewing and examining details of potentially traumatic events
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree with two or more years of field research experience
- Master’s Degree preferred in Public Health, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Anthropology or related fields
- One or more years of experience in a clinical setting, counseling, social work, or providing other direct human social or health care services
- One or more years of social science research experience, including detailed management of large volumes of data, maintaining confidentiality and privacy of human subjects, following study protocols, and conducting qualitative interviews
- Must be currently legally eligible for employment in the United States
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Passionate about supporting military veterans and their families
- Must have current driver’s license and access to a vehicle or access to other reliable transportation for local travel
- Must have regular access to a phone and working laptop with Microsoft Office and reliable internet connection
How to Apply:
We prefer applicants to apply through Indeed (www.indeed.com), where each position is posted individually by location. Alternatively, applicants may send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Research Assistant Contract for (insert location)”
Only qualified candidates need apply. Applicants will not be contacted unless selected for further screening or interview.